As we all know that, the software we purchase to download on our devices have rules and programs set in a language. The written programs available on it are generalized to fulfill some specific purpose. If you run these programs on a device on which this language is not supported, you are sure to come across certain kinds of errors while using the program. These errors may also occur during the setup process as well. The same could also happen during the setup process of MS Office 2010 or MS Office 2007.
Do not get horrified if you are seeing an error like this because you are not alone who is facing it. There are a number of people who might be having the same question. Well, there could be several reasons behind the occurrence of error “Microsoft Office setup error language not supported”. These reasons are listed in the next section after which the possible workarounds to fix it are written in the upcoming section. So, without further ado, let us know why this might be happening while downloading the Office setup.
The possible reasons for getting this error during setup
- The East-Asian language support system which is important for this is not present on your device.
- Some errors might be occurring during the extraction of essential files during the setup process.
- The drive from which the downloading process needs to take place might be faulty.
Troubleshooting steps for fixing language not supported errors
Follow the steps given below to get rid of the language-related errors so that you can initiate the setup process again:
- First of all, you need to navigate to the Control Panel of your device.
- After this, go to the ‘Languages’ tab.
- Tick this box which is present under Supplement Languages Support.
- Now, go to the ‘Install files for East Asian Languages’ section.
- Further, click on the ‘Apply’ option.
- Finally, click on the ‘OK’ option.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter the Windows Operating System CD.
- Insert the drive for the extraction of necessary language files.
- After this, restart your system to make the necessary changes.
- Now, you need to use another tool to re-extract the setup file.
- You can easily do this by using the command prompt.
Type the following command in the box:
</> E: <windows-executable-file.exe> /extract:
Where E represents the location where the Microsoft Office file is located and the following path specifies the location where these files are extracted to. Restarting the device after completing the procedure is a must once you complete this process. If you do not do this, then you will come across this problem again.
In case you are still seeing an error like this, then it is suggested to remove all the files from the failed installation of Office. After removing and uninstalling Office setup completely, you can reinstall it anew by navigating to the website, www.office.com/setup.