Microsoft Office is one of the most used software globally not only because of its apps but also because of its several tools and features. If you have recently purchased Office 365 and installing it for the first time then this guide will help you. The guide is specifically for those users who are facing trouble while installing Office on their devices. You might come across several problems during the installation process but these can be fixed easily.
Try these steps if install button doesn’t install Office
If you are trying to install an older version of Office, then, first of all, you should try to renew it. Here’s how you can renew the office subscription.
By default, your subscription is set up for recurring billing and this gets rid of all the hassles of installation. In case, you wish to renew your subscription manually, then you need to complete the steps below. Do not forget to turn off rebilling after that.
- First of all, go to Office.com/renew and then go to the next step.
- After this, select the subscription you want to renew
- Further, choose one of the following options:
- Select ‘Renew now’ if you wish to pay now for a full year.
- Choose ‘Renew with a monthly subscription’ if you wish to subscribe for $X.XX per month.
In case, this doesn’t help:
- You can try to select ‘Run’ instead of ‘Install’
- Go incognito or open a private window for installation
- If you are using Internet Explorer, then open it without add-ons
- You can also try deleting temporary Internet files such as cookies etc.
Office 365 installation stuck- what should I do?
If your Office installation gets stuck at a particular point and you do not know what to do, then follow the steps given below:
- Do not cancel the installation and leave it where it is
- After this, you need to press ctrl+alt+delete keys on the keyboard simultaneously.
- After this, select Task Manager from the list of options.
- Now, from the Processes tab, you need to select ‘Windows Update Standalone Installer (wusa.exe).
- Further, you need to select the ‘End Task’ option.
- This action will begin Office installation.
- Once it is complete, you need to restart your device.
Why won’t Office 365 install on my mac or windows 10?
Due to some of the other reasons, sometimes you will not be able to install Office 365 on your device. You can try these Office 365 troubleshooting steps to get rid of these issues:
- Using Cortana in Windows 10, open the Task Scheduler.
- After this, click on the Task Scheduler library button.
- Further, right-click on the Microsoft folder and then select Delete
- Try to install Office again via office.com/setup see if it works.
If this doesn’t help, disable the antivirus software present on your device, remove all the traces of Office 365, and reinstall it again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Microsoft Office not installing?
Sometimes, the files from the failed installation of Office doesn’t allow it to install. In this situation, you should remove all the traces of Office 365 and try to install it again. The presence of antivirus might also hamper the installation, so disable it and see if this helps.
How do I fix Microsoft Office installation problems?
By deleting the cache memory, or leftover files from the previous installation you can fix this issue. Other than this, you can try to go incognito or open Internet Explorer without add-ons. Disabling the antivirus might also help. In case you are trying to install an older version of Office, then you should renew it first.
Why is it taking so long to install Office 365?
Due to slow internet connectivity, the installation process of Office 365 might take longer than usual. While installing Office, it is recommended that your device is receiving high-speed internet connectivity. You should always use a wired connection because it is preferable. Avoid using a wireless connection for Office installation.