Microsoft Office is of utmost importance to the working groups, educators, students, and freelancers. This is so because it has several built-in applications and tools in it which help these users in achieving the desired goals. With its help, they can work on documents, presentations, make assignments, manage work in a single spot and so on. But, when you go on to deploy it on your device, then you might be coming across an error saying “Microsoft office encountered an error during setup”. Whenever a user comes across this error, he is unable to install Office on his device. And if he successfully installs it, this error doesn’t let him run it on his device. So, here are a few fixes that you can try to get rid of this error.
Quick fix- Microsoft Office 2016 encountered an error during setup Windows 10
Method 1- Make use of Task Scheduler
- In the search box of your device, type task scheduler.
- Click on the first option from the search result.
- When this particular tab expands, tap on the “Task Scheduler Library” button present on the left side of the screen.
- This will open the drop-down menu.
- From this menu, choose the “Microsoft folder”.
- Click on the “Delete” button and reinstall Office on your device.
Method 2- Try to fix the issue using Windows Store
- To do this, first of all, you need to press Windows key + X together.
- After this, choose the Settings option.
- From the Settings menu, choose “Update & Security”.
- When the next menu opens, you need to select “Troubleshooting”.
- Now, scroll down to the Windows Store Apps.
- From here, click on it and it will start to run.
- In the end, you just need to restart your PC.
- Once it restarts, install Microsoft Office again via office.com/setup
Note: these steps are applicable to MS office 2010 as well.
Method 3- temporarily disable the antivirus
- First of all, you need to locate the icon of the active antivirus. It may be available on the taskbar.
- After this, right-click on this icon.
- You will see an option to disable it.
- Click on this option and it will turn off the antivirus temporarily.
- Now, install Office again and see if it gets installed or not.
Note: do not forget to enable the antivirus protection once you download the product.
Method 5- Remove files from the failed installation
- First of all, you need to download the official Microsoft tool.
- Now, press Win + R keys together.
- In the dialog box that opens, type Regedit.
- After typing it, hit the Enter key.
- Locate,HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Office.
- If you see these entries then delete them.
- After doing so, install Office once again.
Fix- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 encountered an error during setup
- Make sure your pc is meeting all the system requirements and is compatible with the version of Office you are trying to download be it Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 or Microsoft Office 2007.
- Disable the active antivirus if there is any.
- Make sure you are using admin account credentials to install Office.
- Uninstall the previously installed versions of Office, if there are any.
- Enable Task Scheduler as mentioned in one of the above-given sections. After this, restart your device and try the installation.
- Install the latest software updates on your device.
- Make sure your device is running on the most updated version of the operating system.
After trying all these workarounds, if you still face any trouble, try connecting to an expert.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Microsoft Office not installing?
Sometimes, due to some basic changes in the settings of the PC may lead to this trouble. Additionally, it could happen due to the presence of antivirus because it restricts the downloading process of certain programs. Also, the files from failed installation or the presence of a similar program might restrict this activity. Try restarting your PC and disable the antivirus temporarily.
How do I fix Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working Office 2010?
You might come across an error saying that Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped. This usually happens because you are trying to download an unauthorized copy of Office 2010. In this situation, clean boot the PC and uninstall this version of Office. After this, try to reinstall it again. Find out of your pc is compatible with the version of Office (32-bit or 64-bit) you are trying to download.