There are times when you wish to transfer your Microsoft Office suite to another computer. But you do not know how to do it, so you think of doing so through a flash drive. But sadly, doing this is next to impossible. You cannot transfer the Office to another computer using a flash drive.
However, there are some tools that allow you to do so. The most convenient tool for doing this is Windows easy transfer software – EaseUS Todo PCTrans. By using this tool, you can easily copy and transfer Microsoft Office from one computer to another using a USB flash drive. This it does by simply two ways. One way completes the process over the network and another one includes an image transfer method. In this article, we are going to discuss the method that includes the image file transfer method.
Steps to transfer Microsoft Office to new computer
Note: the following steps apply to Microsoft office 2016, 2013, and 2010.
- First of all, you need to download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans. Install it on both devices.
- Now, on the Source computer, launch the tool and click on the “Image Transfer” option and then click “Start”.
- Further, select the “Create Image File” option and then select an image name for this file and select “Browse” to save the image file on the USB flash drive.
- Go to the “Applications” option and select “Edit”.
- Now, from the list of apps that opens, select the desired version of Office and click “Finish”.
- Afterward, you need to connect the USB flash drive to the other computer and then launch the EaseUS tool on that PC.
- Further, select the “Image Transfer” option and choose “Recover via Image File”. Hover your mouse over the image file that you have recently created and click “Recover” and then click “Browse”.
- Now, go to the “Applications” folder and select “Edit” and choose your version of Office.
- Furthermore, select “Finish”.
- When a new window opens, select “Recover” to initiate the transfer process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I transfer Microsoft Word from one computer to another?
To transfer Microsoft Office files or apps from one computer to another, first of all, you need to uninstall it from the device you are using it on. After this, you have to install it on another computer by using the product key linked to your account at office.com/setup.
Can I transfer my Microsoft Office 365 to another computer?
Yes, you can do it but there are some pre-conditions that you must fulfill. Since your Office 365 software is linked to your account and has nothing to do with your device, therefore, you must remove the current device from your account. After this, you have to add the new device to it that you wish to install it upon.
How do I transfer my Microsoft Office 2016 license to a new computer?
In case, Microsoft Office 2016 came pre-installed on your device, then you cannot transfer it to another computer. But, if you have installed it yourself, then you have to uninstall it from the current computer and then install it on the new one.
Can I share my Microsoft Office to another computer?
Yes, you can share the licenses or subscriptions of the Office to another computer. But, this will be based on the subscription package you have purchased. In case it is for 5 devices, then you may use or share one plan on 5 devices.
How do I transfer Microsoft Office 2013 to another computer without a product key?
If you wish to transfer Office 2013 to another computer that too without the product key, then you may simply do so from your account page. But, before that, you have to uninstall it from the computer on which you are using it currently. Further, you need to log in to your account from the new computer and download it from the account page.