If you are planning for a vacation then it is very important to set the “Out of office” message as a default reply for your emails. These default replies enable the users to see that you are not present in the office or you are not available to revert to their message. In this article, you will get to learn to set Outlook out of office message reply while using the Microsoft Outlook desktop app and the web versions. So let us take the topic further that will help you to set Outlook out of office message when you are not around. You can visit to the official website if you have specific queries.
How to set up out of office message outlook 365?
- Go to the “File” option follows by the “Automatic replies” option.
- Tap on the “Send automatic replies” option.
- Open the “Outlook” app and tap on the “File” option in the menu bar.
- Tap on the “Automatic Replies i.e, outlook out of office.
- After this, tap on the “Send automatic replies” option.
- You have to tick on the “Only send during this time range” box.
- Just set the automatic “outlook out of office reply” under the “Inside My Organization” tab.
- After this, the final step is to tap on the “OK” option.
How to set out of office outlook 365 app android or on your device?
- If you are using a web version of Outlook app then you can set the outlook out of office
- You can do this by going to the “Settings” option and go to the “View all outlook settings”.
- After this, tap on the “Mail” option and then tap on “Automatic replies”.
- Turn on the automatic replies and write the message and tap on the “Save” button.
- Go to the “Outlook” page and sign in to the “Outlook” account, when prompted.
- The next step is to tap on the “Settings” icon and select the “View all Outlook setting” option.
- Tap on the “Mail” tab and then tap on the “Automatic replies”.
- After this, tap on the “Automatic c replies” option.
- You need to type the “outlook out of office” message.
- Tap on the “Save” option.
Point to remember: The Microsoft outlook automatic replies not able to attach the signature when you send the automatic replies. If you do not have one then you can visit www.office.com/setup and follow the guidelines and instructions.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By this article, we expect that you will get all the meaningful insights to set up an “outlook out of office” message while you are not available to attend your emails. If you have any confusion relates to the topic then we strongly recommend you visit the official Microsoft website that goes by the URL office.com/myaccount. On the website, you will get the best-in-quality assistance to fix the errors (if any).
Frequently answered questions-
How do I get rid of out of office in outlook?
For this, you have to tap on the “Options” link that is present on the top-right corner and select the “Set automatic replies” from the pull-down menu. After this, tap on the “Don’t send automatic replies” option. Followed by this, just tap on the “Save” on the bottom right corner to save all the settings. By this, you can get rid of the automatic messages.
Why my out of office is not working?
There can be many causes such as there is a backlog of mailbox assistant events. The second reason is the set of rules or templates that are corrupted. The third reason can be the rules quota is already exceeded and you cannot create new rules. The last and the fourth reason can be the remote domain settings for the default domain that allows the “out of office” messages to work.
Why can’t I set up automatic reply in Outlook?
If you are unable to set up the “Automatic replies” even after selecting the “File” then you are using a Gmail, Yahoo or other POP or IMAP account that does not support the Automatic replies feature. Remember, you can setup a rule that will automatically reply to incoming messages but you have to leave the Outlook app running in the background.
Can you set up more than one automatic reply in Outlook?
All the email accounts will have the “Auto-Reply” from the Outlook default sent folder. For setting up more than one automatic reply in Outlook you need to change the “Sent settings” from each email to send from the email account. Instead of sending it from the default sent folder, you can save two auto-replies each for an email account. And then you can easily have more than one reply.