Microsoft offers its users the capability to create several personalized signatures in the emails he sends to others. But, this signature is different from the written signatures you do manually. It may include a text as well as an image.
In addition to this, the signature may also include your business card or a logo. Users are also provided with an option to include an image of your handwritten signature.
Users can choose to include it in all outgoing messages or individually. So, if you are also interested in creating and adding your signature to Outlook, then follow the steps given below.
Instructions to create a signature in Outlook
Note: in case you are using Outlook from office.com/setup Microsoft 365 account and you are also using it on the web, then you need to create signatures for these separately. For learning to add email a signature in outlook, complete these steps:
- First, you need to open a new email message.
- Go to the menu of the message and tap on the ‘Signature’ option followed ‘Signatures’.
- Now, select the ‘New’ option present under ‘Select signature to edit’.
- When the ‘New Signature’ dialog box opens, you need to enter a name you wish to keep as your signature.
- Under the ‘Edit signature’ option you can start to compose your signature and also make the following changes to it:
- Change font type, color, and size.
- Change the text alignment.
- Add bullets, tablets, or borders.
- Make use of MS Word for further editing.
- If you have used Word to add signature in office 365 outlook email, you may copy it from there and paste it in the ‘Edit Signature’ box.
- Else, you may use the desired template after downloading it.
Under Choose default signature, set the following options for your signature:
Steps to add signature in Outlook
- First, you need to go to the Email account drop-down box.
- After this, you need to choose an email account. This account should be the one with which you need to associate the signature.
- For each email account, you can easily different signatures.
- To add email a signature in Outlook to all the new messages:
- Select one of your signatures in the new message dropbox.
- In case you don’t wish to do so, you may select ‘None’.
- Doing so will not automatically add a signature to any new message, forward, or reply message.
- To add signature in ‘reply to’ or ‘Forward’ message, select your signature in the apt drop-down.
- You must choose OK to save the new changes you have made.
- To add the signature manually:
- First, select Signature from the Message menu.
- After this, select the signature you just created.
Instructions to add a logo or image to your signature
In case you are an employee and you are asked to add the company logo in it, then you must follow the steps given below:
- First up, open a new message and then click on the ‘Signature’ option.
- Further, you need to select ‘Signatures’.
- Now, you will see the ‘Select signature to edit box’.
- Next, choose the desired signature along with the logo or image.
- You may also select the Image icon.
- Users can also insert an image from the device icon after locating the desired file.
- Next, click on the ‘Insert’ option.
Users are also provided with an option to adjust the size of the image accordingly. For this, they need to select the ‘Size’ tab and use the given options. Do not forget to select OK once you are done saving the changes.