Most of us use Microsoft Office apps or a full Office suite. But, sometimes when we try to install Office 365, it doesn’t get installed. Many users have reported facing the error code 0x426-0x0 during the installation of Office apps or Office setup. There could be several reasons why a user is coming across office 365 error code 0x426-0x0 and these are listed below in the coming sections. The main cause of the occurrence of this error code is due to the presence of corrupt files or files from the failed installation.
So, in this document, I have listed a few workarounds to get rid of Microsoft office error 0xc0000142. After completing these troubleshooting steps, try to install Office once again and see if it gets downloaded or not. You should follow the steps given below in the exact order as they are mentioned. If you follow the steps carefully, then only you can install Office on a compatible device. Checking the compatibility of the device is very important to deploy Office. So, here we begin our easy workarounds but before that let us know a few reasons this error occurs.
List of common reasons behind error code 0x426-0x0
- The presence of antivirus software or firewall. These might restrict the Office installation.
- Some problems with an internet connection.
- A few proxy settings can also prevent a user from installing Office.
- If there is any pre-existing version of an Office suite, then it might restrict the installation.
You need to fix a few or all of these issues to fix the error code
Ways to fix Microsoft Office error 0xc0000142
Method 1- try repairing Office app
- Using the Start button, you need to open the Control Panel.
- After this, click on the Programs option.
- Further, you need to select the Programs and Features option.
- Select the desired program i.e. Office product.
- Click on the Change option and then select Quick Repair.
- Again click on Repair or select Online Repair.
If this doesn’t help, then uninstall and reinstall the Office Suite to troubleshoot the error code 0x426-0x0 that occurs during Office installation.
Method 2- uninstall the pre-existing version of Office
If running the Office repair tool did not fix the issues, then you may uninstall Office from your computer and here’s how you can do this.
- From the Control Panel of the device, go to Programs.
- Further, select the Programs and Features option.
- From here, select Office suite and click on it.
- Then click on the Remove option.
- The Office suite will get uninstalled from your device.
If this method doesn’t work, then you might need to uninstall MS Office manually. After this, you can reinstall Office and check if the problem has resolved or not.