At times, when you try to install Office 365 on your device you might come across certain technical glitches. These glitches might occur due to a number of different reasons for which we will discuss later in this article. Along with the reasons for the problem, we will also discuss some solutions to fix it. The first in the list is trying to install Office using an offline installer.
Error code 30174-4 when installing Office is one of the biggest reasons behind the user’s frustration. But do not worry, as we have several solutions to try to get rid of it. Most importantly, these methods will give you proven results if tried systematically. Now, let us take our discussion forward without any further ado.
Solution 1- try installing Office using the offline installer
The offline installer of Office comes into action when you are unable to install Office online. It helps by bypassing the potential restrictions such as proxy, firewall, antivirus, or other technical glitches that occur while installing Office setup.
You can easily find the offline installer by navigating to office.com/setup. Once you find it, you need to follow certain instructions and then choose the tab that is correct for your version of Office.
Solution 2- change the connection type to fix office 365 error code 30174-4
In case you are using a non-wired connection, then it might not be giving the proper internet connectivity. In this scenario, you may try switching to a wired connection for Internet services. Plug it in and then see if you are still coming across the same error.
Solution 3- Try changing the installation location
In case a user tries to install Office 365 at his workplace or educational institution, then the chances are that the network is limited. In this scenario, the installation process may stop after reaching a certain limit.
In this situation, a user should either try to switch to a connection that is not limited. You may also use a wireless hotspot and then see if you can install Office or not. If you cannot take the device home for the installation, then you may seek assistance from the IT department of your institute or office.
Solution 4- turn off the proxy settings temporarily
In case you are trying to install Office on a laptop that you use both in-home and office, then you may try to turn off the proxy settings in your web browser. You have to do this before beginning the installation process. I have listed the ways to turn off the proxy settings in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. In case, you are using a different web browser, then the steps might vary.
Turn off proxy setting in Microsoft Edge
- First, click on the Start button present at the lower-left corner.
- After this, select ‘settings’.
- Next, choose ‘Network & Internet’.
- Now, move to the bottom and select ‘Proxy’.
- Finally, slide the toggle from On to Off position.
- Do not forget to click on the ‘Save’ option.
Turn off proxy settings in Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11
- From your Internet Explorer, click on the Tools option present at the upper-right corner.
- After this, click on the ‘Internet options’ option.
- Now, select the ‘Connections’ tab.
- After this, hit the ‘LAN settings’ button.
- Now, clear the option “Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).”
- You will find this option under the Proxy server.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Once the changes are saved, you just need to restart your system.
If this doesn’t help, then temporarily turn off the antivirus or turn off the firewall as well.