Earlier when there is a need to self-attest the documents of the business entities you use to sign the documents by yourself and that was very easy. With the rise in usage of paperless documents, it is very much tricky to do the signature on your documents. We are searching and looking for many ways to sign the documents that are present online. It is important to know that there is Apple’s Mac operating system X version that does include the user-friendly feature to sign a word document in Mac computers.
These signatures are created and then embedded in the native preview apps. Remember, the image of the handwritten signature is captured once and then it can be included with a click on thousands of documents. If you have related queries then visit www.office.com/setup. Be it Windows 10 on your PC or Mac or the other versions of the software there are some steps that will help you to digitally sign a word document. So, without any further discussions let us understand the basic steps for the same.
What are the steps to sign a word document on your Mac?
- First of all, open the preview app that is located in the Apps folder.
- Now, sign in the signature in the center of the blank sheet on-screen.
- After this choose the option labeled as “Preferences” from the “Preview” menu to open the pane.
- Just select the “Signatures” tab and then tap on the “Add signature” on the bottom of the screen.
- Hold the signed sheet of paper in front of the camera on your Mac on the screen.
- Remember to hold a few extra sheets of paper behind the signed sheet to mage the image more brightly.
- After this, tap on the “Accept” to capture the signature.
How to insert the sign in a word document in Mac?
- The first and foremost step is to make the “Edit” toolbar visible by tapping on the “Show edit toolbar” on the window.
- Tap on the “Signature” option from the “Edit” toolbar or by opening the “Tools” menu and go to the “Annotate submenu and select the option labeled as “Signature”.
- Now, tap and drag to draw the box of the signature and place the sign on the document.
- After this, just resize or move to the perfect position.
Tips to remember:
- The Annotations layers in the preview might not get compatible with the PDF programs.
- Export the signed document by tapping the “Print” and tap on the “Save as PDF” option.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
Hopefully, from this article, you will get the steps to sign a word document. However, if you have any confusion related to the steps discussed in this article, then visit the official website that goes by URL www.office.com/setup. On the website, you will get the instructions to sign a word document without any interruptions.
Frequently answered questions
How can I sign a Word document on my phone?
First of all tap on the “SignMyPad” on your mobile device and open a PDF from your email or downloaded files. Now, tap in the “Add” button at the top of the window and choose the signature from the list. Just sign your name in the box appears on screen and tap on the “Done” option.
How do I write my signature on a Word document?
For this, you have to tap on where you want the signature line. Tap on the “Insert” option followed by the “Signature” line. Now, tap on the Microsoft Office signature line. In the Signature setup box just type the name in the suggested sign box. After this, you can add a title on the suggested box and tap on the “OK” option and you then see the signature that appears in your document.
Tap on the space where you wish to insert a blank underline. Go to the “Insert” tab in the “Tables group” and tap on the “Table” option. Tap on the upper-left box and insert the 1×1 table. Just right-tap on the table, tap on the “Borders and shading” and then click on the “Borders” tab that us under the “Settings” option and tap on the “None” option. Follow the instructions given on the screen.