Have you ever thought you can compose an email prior and then set a time for it to get delivered? If not, then you are at the right place to learn about this cool feature of Outlook. Whenever a user clicks on the Send option after composing, the message is sent as soon as you press this button, but the scenario has been changed completely now. There is an Outlook schedule email option that you can use for delayed or scheduled delivery.
Let’s learn this by taking an example. For example, if you wish to send an email to someone who is living in another country with their convenience of time but that time is not convenient for you. So, you can use the Outlook delay delivery option to send an email late at night. You can do this with a single email as well as all the email. The steps for doing so are slightly different. So, if you are ready to use this cool feature of Outlook, you should have an account at office.com/setup that you can use for every app of Office including Outlook 2013 or Outlook Online 2019.
How to schedule an email in Outlook?
In order to schedule email Outlook 365 or Outlook app you must follow the steps given below carefully:
- First of all, login to your Outlook account.
- After this, compose a new email.
- Enter the complete and apt email address od the recipient.
- Do not click the Send option but click on the Options tab.
- Scroll down and click on More options.
- Here, you need to select the option reading as Delay Delivery.
- Now, on the Properties dialog box, click the “Do not deliver before” checkbox.
- Further, click the down arrow on the date box.
- Select a date from the popup calendar and do the same for the time box.
- Close the message and your message will be sent as per the scheduled date and time.
Set delay delivery in Outlook-mac
- First of all, open a New Email.
- After this, enter the details in all necessary Email Fields.
- Now, you need to select the Down Arrow next to Send.
- Here, you need to tap on the Send Later option.
- Further, using the Drop-Down Menus, you need to select the Date and Time or the delayed delivery of the message.
- In the end, select Send and you are done.
Why is Outlook delay delivery not working?
You might be experiencing this issue because of several reasons. In some versions of Outlook, delay delivery only works when you leave Outlook opened and doesn’t work if you are offline. In case it is not open and running at the time a message scheduled delivery time of the message, then the message will not get delivered. The action will not take place until the next time you launch Outlook. Once you launch Outlook, the message is sent immediately.
In case, you a using a cloud-based version of Outlook, such as Outlook.com, scheduled emails are sent at the correct time. At such platforms keeping Outlook open is not necessary.
Fix Outlook delay delivery stuck in outbox
The main reason why you are experiencing this issue is that you might have accidentally click on click on the Delay Delivery.
- To fix this issue, follow the steps 1 to 5 from the method given above.
- After this, you need to first click the box labeled Do not deliver before.
- This will remove the tick mark before you click Close.
Now, your emails will no longer go to Outbox. In case you are having trouble while doing so, ensure that you are using the steps in the exact manner as they are written. For more information, visit the official website of Microsoft Office.